Friday, May 25, 2012

Stepping out of the comfort zone



I saw this in one of my folders while deleting some stuffs :) I just wanna share this.

                                                        Stepping out of the comfort zone


This is a student based article. And first time ko gumawa so please bare with me J

A whole new world ba para sayo ang college life? Well it’s time to hit the DISCOMFORT ZONE!

      4 years na akong namumuhay na malayo sa pamilya. And para sa akin na daddy’s girl, sobrang hirap talaga. I grew up in a, let’s say "comfortable life". Like may taga laba, taga luto, taga linis ng bahay; It’s like living like a princess. But when I graduated high school and kailangan lumipat dito sa Manila, I experienced them doing myself.

     I’m currently living in a dormitory with some schoolmates. Well, it’s fun to be away from your family sometimes. You can do everything you want, go anywhere, stay up late at night and attend parties! It’s a BIG advantage for me since I like traveling.

     Although I have relatives here in Manila, I still choose to live alone.  I realize that not all the time I will depend on them and sit like a princess. I said to myself, “HEY! You’re not getting any younger. You should learn to live on your own”. And because of that, I experienced a lot of circumstances which I am glad that it happened.  (Ang boring kaya pag walang poroblema)

     Kung may advantage, may disadvantage din. Matic nayan! Parang North pole may South pole lang J . haha! Seriously speaking, eto na! May disadvantages din like ang mapa barkada and worst mapariwara.

     I came to a point that it was my first year here in Manila and got myself into a peer group.

I experienced drinking alcohol the whole week. 


There also comes the temptation to smoke. I skipped class and almost fail my subjects. READERS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILY. IT’S A BIG NO NO! 

Realizations came when I experienced episodes of Angina (Chest pain) and almost every day I feel heaviness on my chest. By that, I told myself, “STOP ruining your life and this wasn’t supposed to be like this!”. YES! Hindi to ang tama, it may be comfortable to enjoy life to the fullest but take some considerations in what’s best for you.

     Para sa akin, Stepping out of the comfort zone is like living your life with your own decisions, acts and responsibilities. Kumbaga, taking the risks and live like a grown up person. Sabi nga, Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” kasi by the time you step out of it, that’s the time you’ll experience true life. For the rest of our childhood, An dyan lagi ang magulang natin para protektahan tayo, they made our life easier for us kaya we can’t say we experienced life at its worst. You’ll never learn when you always stick at your comfort zone.

I can say I’m half-way to discomfort zone but I’m not afraid. Hence, I’m too much excited to face and learn the lessons in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment